Friday, April 22, 2016

Happy Day


Hi Crafty Friends,

I love my Copic markers but I've really wanted to try different mediums on my stamped and digital images.  Years ago I purchased Prismacolor pencils but rarely used them.   More recently I've added different water colors to my toolbox and keep telling myself that I need to take the time to try these different things.  Well, today I sat down and gave my Prismacolor pencils a try.   I'm really happy with the results.  My early attempts involved using Gamsol to blend.  Today I used the Prismacolor blender pencil.  It's gives a different effect but I like it.  I did not blend the hair at all.  I wanted to see the strands.  I basically used my Copic techniques, thinking about color families and highlight, mid tones, and shadows.  I also applied the color with small circles or flicks.  
My stamped image is Abigail from Stamp Annie Thing. The sentiment is from the SAT Trudy set.



I've also used Jaded Blossom's Scalloped Square dies and Stitched Square dies.
The twine, patterned paper, and sequins are from Doodlebug Designs.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

beautiful card, great job using the presmacolour pencils and the colours are great.

Migdalia said...

Absolutely darling!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...